Mark W. Maffet, M.D.
Methodist Orthopaedic Specialists of Texas
1201 Brooks Street
Sugar Land, Texas 77478
Dr. Maffet’s practice concentrates on the latest, cutting-edge techniques of minimally invasive and arthroscopic and reconstructive surgery of the knee and shoulder. He has published articles and chapters about arthroscopic shoulder pathology and repair, and about the biomechanics of the windmill softball pitch.
Dr. Maffet has been team physician for the WNBA Houston Comets for the last 12 years, and head team physician for the Houston Baptist University athletics programs for 14 years.
- B.A. University of Mississippi Summa Cum Laude
- M.D. Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Residency in Orthopedic Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Fellowship in Sports Medicine, Kerlan-Jobe Orthopedic Clinic, Los Angeles, CA
Orthopedic and Sports Medicine
- Baylor Sports Medicine Institute.
- Clinical assistant professor at Baylor